im not vegan but i slowly see from time to time that i actually don't eat much meat at all. so that would consider me kinda veggie. not i like meat but with all my greens i have so much energy. try this great recipe .. it is so delicious and super easy
Paleo Sandwich Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf (15 slices)
Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories per serving: 159
Fat per serving: 13.2
- 3/4 cup soaked almond butter, smooth (store bought works fine too)
- 6 pastured eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ground golden flax
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 4" loaf pan with parchment, grease well with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, blend the almond butter, eggs, honey, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar with an immersion blender.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flax, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt. Mix the dry into the wet, pour into the greased and lined loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan by pulling up on the parchment. Set on wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days, in the fridge for 7-10 days or in the freezer for a month or so.
* To make soaked almond butter, fill a bowl with the amount of raw almonds you want to make into almond butter, cover with cold water to 2" above the almonds. Leave for 24 hours. Dry in an oven at the lowest setting until dry (at 170°F this takes about two hours). Then you can blend into almond butter per my recipe here: [http://guiltykitchen.com/2010/11/22/back-to-basics-culinary-fundamentals-nut-butters/] or you can roast them first and then blend into almond butter.
** Many people have asked for nutrition information for this recipe. Based on slicing the loaf into 15 slices (the average number I got), each slice contains: 159 calories, 13.2 g fat (4.4 saturated), 65 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrates, 1.5 g fibre, 2.5 g sugars, 5.5 g protein